Monday, December 8, 2008

Six Things That Make Me Happy

A few days ago, The Mother Load mercifully tagged me for this meme. I was quite appreciative because I have been in a bit of a bloggy slump and can only think of things to whine about...so this helps!

First, let me tell you what brings me joy. Because happiness is fleeting, but joy is eternal and that I get from my assurance of my salvation through Christ and the knowledge that He has plans for my future, plans to prosper and not to harm me! So, even on the days where I left happiness at the tenth load of laundry or in the toilet that desperately needs scrubbing, I always have that joy to cling to. This has been important lately, because, truly, there haven't been a lot of "happy" days. I am struggling a bit right now but oh, the joy that this, too shall pass!

Okay, now on to business!

1. The feel of Tigercub's tiny little arms squeezing my neck when he first wakes up in the morning. I cannot even tell you what it does to this tired soul when that precious boy smiles, grins, hugs my neck and pats me on the back. It is so important to carry that feeling with me throughout the day when I am chasing him off the stairs, repairing broken ornaments, putting the pans back in the cabinet (again), and vacuuming up the soil from the houseplant he tried to eat (again).

2. The boys VOLUNTEERING to clean out their room and give away some toys and get it organized! Football boy has already cleaned out two cabinets and filled two garbage bags with things he is willing to part with! Oh, glory, I thought this day would never come!

3. Seeing the house all decorated up for Christmas! It is sooo pretty! This year I did something I have wanted to do for a long time! Most of our "decorations" were gifts from students over the years and many I put out because I remembered the student or I just felt guilty but I didn't LOVE them. This year, we are simplifying and focusing on the real meaning of the holiday, so if I don't love it, I did not put it out. Our church is trying to raise money to build a clean water well in Africa through Blood:Water Mission. We had a big yard sale this weekend, so everything I didn't use, I donated for the yard sale. I felt no guilt (totally unlike me) because it was for such a good cause! Wow, that is two for the price of one: happy decorations AND cleaning out!

4. My Momma and Daddy! I am so blessed to have such amazing parents! I do not get to see them as often as I like, but I am so grateful for them! On the same note, I really have amazing in-laws, too!

5. My bloggy friends. I tend to get a little isolated at home sometimes because of homeschooling and the sheer torture of getting out with all the children all the time, if I go, they go! So, when I get a comment or an email or a word of encouragement from someone I have never met but dearly love, it means the world to me!

6. CHOCOLATE! No explanation needed!

Okay, I am tired, Dancer is screaming for computer time and the boys need guidance in their room before the baby wakes up, so I am tagging anyone who wants to participate, if you do it, please leave me a comment so I can come check out your list!

Happy Monday

2 comments:

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I'm so glad you have so much that makes you happy! And I for one am REALLY happy that you are my blogging friend! I'm so glad I was able to meet you!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful list!

Happy Mommy said...

I will I will I will! And I must run now and have some eggnog!