Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday Ranting

The house is quiet.

The children slept till 8:00.

I actually got up and did my quiet time this morning for the first time in a week.

The dog is munching on her new rawhide.

The laundry is sorted.

No huge plans for the day.

I should feel excited.

I should feel relieved.

Mostly, I feel sad. I loved the chaos of a house full of people. I loved waking up to my nephew throwing balls outside and my daddy's hugs. I loved talking to my mom and watching HGTV with her until...too late. I loved doing 10 loads of laundry a day to keep up with the 13 people in the house. I loved emergency chocolate runs and a do nothing vacation. I loved the sense of belonging and a house full of friends. And now, they are on their way home. 2,000 miles away. Sigh.

I WANT MY MOMMY!