Friday, September 19, 2008

Where's My Playpen?

When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out. ~ Erma Bombeck


I look around my house and wonder...what do I do all day? I am home ALL THE TIME! My house SHOULD be clean. The laundry SHOULD be washed. And yet my house is in a continual state of chaos. Things go undone, things get lost, I forget things. So, today, I decided to pay a little attention.


Now, today was a little different. Fridays I try to schedule as "easy" days with the goal of being finished at lunch (yeah, right!) But today I also had a haircut scheduled and we were expecting a furniture delivery (the third, still trying to get a chair that doesn't have a screw drilled through the leg) so it was not a normally scheduled day.


Baby was up early, too early so I did not get to exercise. BUT, by 6:30, he was back down for a nap so the other kids were drug out of bed and by the time he awoke, the day was in full swing. It began like this:


So sweet!

We did a little school, got a haircut...this is what baby did:


Who needs a playground?

And this:

Anyone want to join me in a trip to the library?

And this:

Oh! This is Sissy's box?

Her toys are soooo much better!

And this:


WHAT, I can't even study Bubbie's books...I tell you, this place is no fun!

And, suddenly, I think I realize why I am always so tired!

Now ,can someone please tell me why I don't look like this:

By the way, is anyone else impressed at my ability to post pictures. Thank you blogger and Football boy!!!

4 comments:

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I cannot believe no one else has left a comment to this post yet!
FIRST OF ALL, the opening quote CRACKED ME UP!
I love the baby pictures and the thoughts! TOOO DANG CUTE!
And lastly, I am LAUGHING at the picture you chose of yourself to look like! I LOVE IT! Although I have to say, you are MUCH prettier than she is!
And lastly, I am IMPRESSED you learned how to do pictures! I can't WAIT now to see the many things you will think of NEXT!
Hope you have a great weekend!

Four Little Penguins said...

Whoohoo! on the pictures!!!

Dan said...

Grandparents are always impressed with the pictures. Even if they are of grandbabies making a mess. There is no such thing as a bad picture of a grandbaby. I agree with the purple diva, you are much prettier than that picture.

Happy Mommy said...

Oh girl i should look like that too!