Monday, September 29, 2008

The Bloggy Meeting That Wasn't

We had a great weekend in Baton Rouge full of good food, good shopping, and good football (if you happen to be an LSU fan)! We always look forward to going to Louisiana because of the veritable cornucopia of everything LSU that is for sale. And people, if they can make it, they can write LSU on it, believe me!

Anyway, we enjoyed stocking up on purple and gold and doing the "game day" things like visiting Mike the Tiger, sliding down the Indian Mounds (the children, not me...because I do have my limits) and watching the players, cheerleaders and band as they made their way to the stadium. Pictures will probably be coming soon.

Anywhoo, the highlight of the weekend, for me, was the potential for meeting one of my very first blogging friends. If you have a little girl, you NEED to visit her sewing website. Sewsensible. Go. Right now. I will wait. Okay, now, you can see she is very talented and before you start saying you can't sew, blah, blah, blah...neither can I. BUT I have made Dancer three of A's outfits and have more planned they really are "sew" easy! Anyway, as she was saving me from putting my daughter in clothes with words plastered across her booty, we began emailing some and I found that she is not only talented but super sweet. She really strives to be a godly mother to her eight (yes, eight) children. She and her husband have struggled with infertility and have adopted both in the states and internationally. In her spare time, she even has an adoption ministry! Now, go check out her family site...you won't regret it. See all those beautiful children!

Okay, back to the story. She lives close to Tigertown so I was really hoping to meet her. Originally, we hoped for Friday but that did not work out so imagine my excitement to find that she and her husband were GOING TO THE GAME!!! We talked and planned and were ready to meet on Saturday. Tigerfan laughingly asked if I was going to make him take our picture. Of COURSE! How could I blog about it, if I didn't have a picture? And so, game day rolled around, the meeting time came and I started calling her. No answer. Called her husband. Instant voice mail. Called her. No Answer. I waited. Nothing. After about an hour, we decided the phones were not working in the crazy crowd and gave up. My MIL and I left and went to the mall, the boys stayed and watched the game. I lamented the fact that something had gone wrong...the phones weren't working...who knows.

That evening when we got back to the house, Tigerfan called me. I had an email telling me to check my comments. Poor, A had transposed two numbers in my phone number. She had been calling me for hours! But had the wrong number. I tried to email her back. The email would not connect.

We did not get to talk again until Sunday morning when we were about to leave. And so...my first internet meeting never happened. But it will...one day, I know it will!

4 comments:

Happy Mommy said...

I can't wait to meet some other bloggers! That would have been such fun!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Thanks for sharing the sew info...I'm starting this here at home and have found I love to sew!

Needed some good ideals!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

The site is SO good and cute. I sent it to Krissy!
I am so sad to hear about the meeting not happening. I hope it happens one day for you! How fun would that be!?

AdoptedAsHisOwn said...

I am here to say that it surely will happen one day!! LOL In the meantime you can feel free to call me a goober and dingbat for not double checking the number!! S, I can't wait to really meet you. It was great talking with you on the phone. Looking forward to the future!