Monday, November 2, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook 11.2.09




FOR TODAY, November 2, 2009...


Outside my window... a beautiful fall morning. The leaves on the trees around the pond are changing and they are just so pretty to look out. It is crisp and cool outside and we are actually predicted to have a dry week this week! Yay!

I am thinking...about the week, so much to do and I am so far behind. Doesn't that sound familiar, it is the story of my life!
I am thankful for...A fun weekend with the family. We were so busy all weekend, but enjoyed lots of family time. Tigerfan even took Friday off from work and we got some fall shopping done.

Also thankful for an answered thought. I know, that doesn't make sense. But we have had a situation around here that was stressing me out. It was one of those things that I felt bad praying for...I mean, we have shelter, a secure job, etc. we are really very blessed, but it was stressing us and while I thought about praying for/about it, I never did because I have a really out of control guilt complex. Anyway, God answered that thought in a far greater way than I ever would have imagined. He is so good! I did nothing to deserve such a blessing, and yet He delights in giving to His children!

From the learning rooms...still tweaking our workbox system. I think it will be a good fit for us once we get it all figured out. It would probably be easier if I had actually read the book, I do plan on asking for it for Christmas...but for now, we are winging it!

From the kitchen...Hopefully pork chops, although in my normal, spacey way, I forgot to take them out of the deep freeze last night!

I am wearing...P.J.'s, did you really need to ask?

I am creating...nothing, did you need to ask?

I am going...to the dentist, the post office and possibly the grocery store. And one day this week to the library. Our Language Arts teacher from tutorial keeps assigning us library assignments. I appreciate the thought, but my son knows how to use the library and taking Tigercub to the library two to three times a week is sort of like taking a bull into a china shop on a regular basis. I am pretty sure when they see my car pull up, they are going to start locking the doors!

I am reading...My Bible, oh for a nice piece of light enjoyment reading...

I am hoping...for a non eventful trip to the dentist. I am like a little child...I get so stressed out going there. I have terrible teeth and I dread what they might tell me.

I am hearing...silence, I should really get up and get busy!

Around the house...laundry and hopeful some Home Sanctuary stuff. I have been a bad little Company Girl the last few months and need to get back into it. Oh, to be a naturally organized, together person

One of my favorite things...A Huge bowl of chocolate ripe for the taking after Halloween. One of my least favorite things... the 10 pounds I will gain if I indulge!

A few plans for the rest of the week:A little trip to Louisiana the end of the week. Working on a little Christmas surprise for Nana And Papaw.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


Two of our little Tiger fans at our Fall Fun Fest...what did you THINK our family would be dressed as?



The first ever carved pumpkin of my married life! Tigerfan was out of town this week so I bit the bullet and did something my kids have begged for always! We had so much fun carving this little guy...why didn't we do this before!

To read more Daybooks go to The Simple Woman's Daybook.

9 comments:

Brittany said...

Hi, just stopping by from the Simple Woman's Daybook site! :) I am kind of new to the process!
What a beautiful family! :)
Best wishes, at the dentist! Eek. I am not one for that place. hah

Have a great week!

Tara said...

Good morning,Enjoyed your daybook. Know what you mean about feeling behind. Just never enough time to get things done. Have a great and blessed week.

Patty said...

Dropping in from Peggy's to read your daybook. Hope you have a great day and your appointment goes well.

Love Bears All Things said...

We're supposed to have a dry week, too. Its about time. Maybe I'll get a walk in.
I have some pork chops in the fridge that I am going to have to freeze. Maybe we could just swap.
Thought/prayers are sometimes the best kind. He knows our needs before we ask.
I dread the dentist, too, even for cleanings. I sit there tense and wring my hands waiting for the pain.
Not too much damage can be done to books, surely.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Seems like I heard someone say that Alabama plays LSU next week. I'm an Auburn fan and we've already had our contest. Yuk. Hope you win.
Mama Bear

Lisa said...

You have a beautiful family. That's a great photo you shared but also your family portrait on the side bar.
Have a great week.
Lisa

quilt'n-mama said...

I am so glad to hear that God answered... how faithful He is!

We don't get a lot of fall color in our part of the country but we were traveling last week and got to see beautiful colors, what an art our Heavenly Father is.

I pray for week is wonderful!
Gayly
quilt-n-mama. blogspot. com

dtbrents said...

I enjoyed your daybook. We very seldom carve pumpkins but children do enjoy them. I love the picture. You have a beautiful family. Doylene

LISA said...

Thanks for sharing your Daybook.
I appreciate your testimony about not wanting to ask for insignificant things. During these times I tend to be quiet and just ask God to search my heart and make it clean before Him. Often these things work themselves out and He gets the glory, because I got out of the way. Thanks again for sharing and encouraging other. Have a great week:)

Growin' With It said...

i feel your pain sister, hope the dentist was nice!