Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Seven Things You Never Wanted to Know

Thanks to Spesamor Academy for this sweet and quite undeserved award! She made my week! Really, how many people can get a creative blogger award for doing nothing but carnivals a whopping once or twice a week! Actually, she is a sweet, encouraging bloggy friend who is actually an organized and put together homeschooler with tons of fun ideas! Please check her out!

These are the rules:

1. Thank the person who gave this to you--Thanks!

2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog--In a freakishly technological way,I actually accomplished this!

3. Link the person who nominated you--done!

4. Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know

5. Nominate 7 other bloggers & let them know they are nominated.
Now, for the seven things part. Unfortunately, I am both incredibly boring and quite an open book so this is gonna be tough.
1. I HATE to be barefoot. I even sleep in socks. The only time I am without foot covering is in the shower or in the pool. I will never be a shoes off at the door person because I MUST WEAR SHOES!!!
2. I LOVE breakfast. I really don't even care what it is, a bowl of cereal is fine. I eat as soon as my feet hit the floor. But no coffee, please I can't stand that nasty stuff!
3. I asked Jesus into my heart when I was six years old. I don't remember a lot but I can still remember my Daddy preaching with tears running down his face as he portrayed a picture of himself begging Jesus not to die and Jesus lovingly telling him that he had to even if just for one person. It is so clearly imprinted in my mind that I can almost hear it every time I think of it.
4. I am the most insecure person I know. I know it is ridiculous and it makes me MAD! It is why I hate going to the dentist, because I know he is going to tell me what is wrong with my teeth. It is why I hate my kids to struggle with school, because I am afraid it is my fault. In my head, I know I just need to shake things off and realize they have no eternal value, but deep inside, it is a constant struggle.
5. I would really like to teach a women's Bible study but if you refer back to question 4, I can't bring myself to do it. I really just want someone to walk up to me, tell me I am Suzy Superchristian and ask me to teach, write a book and start my U.S. tour alongside Priscilla Shirer, Beth Moore, and Lisa Whelchel. Hey, it could happen.
6. I have absolutely no talent. I cannot play an instrument (okay, I played the flute back in the day, but I wasn't good and I sure couldn't play now), I cannot decorate, I am not crafty or creative. When I cook, I am a STRICT recipe follower. I am sure that I am SUPPOSED to have some sort of talent at something, but at 37, I have yet to figure out what it is!
7. I wish I could help Tigerfan out more financially. I do teach at tutorial but that pretty much just pays for my kids to go. I have thought of a million options but can never match them up with homeschooling/extracurricular scheduling. I have even considered home sales like Premier Jewelry or Southern Living at Home but always talk myself out of it because I figure I would never have customers and it would throw me into a deep #4 depression.
So, basically, what we have learned is, I am boring and need counseling!
I have now allowed my children to sleep 40 minutes late on the worst schooling day of the week. This is why I rarely blog anymore.
So, for the last requirement, The Nominees are (and I will be hard pressed to come up with seven because my bloggy activity has been slim recently):
Purple Diva's Diary (I am going to try to pull her out of retirement!)
and my two boys (to try to get them up and blogging again)
Fighting Tigers
LSU Tigertown

4 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What a compliment to be nominated! You are so kind and I'm so glad you enjoyed my "All about Me" blog. I had fun doing it. You are a special gal and quit selling yourself short!! Happy Week!

Growin' With It said...

do you know how marvelous you are? really!! i didn't know your daddy was a preacher. that story of you asking jesus into your heart is precious. what a gift in that memory for you.

love you girl.

thanks for the award btw!

Anonymous said...

You are so precious! Yours is one of my favorite blogs because you are real when you share from your heart. You have a genuineness(is that a word?)that makes me want to know you more. YOU are worth far more than rubies my sweet company girl!
I sure hope we have the opportunity to meet someday!
Blessings,
LydiaCate

Aimee said...

Thank you so much for the award! I did see it earlier in the week, but we have a pox on our house and illness has kept me away from the computer most of the time.
I think you are awesome, just so you know :)