Monday, November 16, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook 11.16.09





FOR TODAY11-16-09

Outside my window...I overslept this morning. So the sun has come up and it is peaceful and calm this morning. The ground around the pond is covered in autumn leaves and all the trees are reflected in the water. It is beautiful and calming. Nice to reflect on before the chaos of the week begins.

I am thinking...This week is not gonna be so simple. It is slam packed--the holiday season has officially begun.

I am thankful for...Good health. We have had two sick kids this weekend. But it has been mild. With all the awful cases of flu going around, we are blessed to just deal with a little fever virus!

From the learning rooms...Our own system of workboxes are set up and ready to go. We will be learning the basics and not a lot of extra. I am going to spend a little extra time with each of the children this week with math games and flashcards to reinforce our basic math skills, hoping that will make for smoother math lessons!

From the kitchen...Spaghetti, salad and bread tonight. I also need to make and freeze two lasagnas for a friend who has lots of company coming over the holiday. The rest of the week is going to be so crazy we may just have to bypass eating!

I am wearing...P.J.'s I really need to work on that. If I'm not going to exercise in the morning...I should really shower and dress before getting on this computer!

I am creating...Christmas ideas. Last year I loved my Teacher Christmas gifts and want to do something along the same lines only not exactly the same! So what do you think? Last year, I bought some really cute reusable grocery bags and made and froze meatballs. Then I put the meatballs, a jar of spaghetti sauce, noodles, bread and a homemade brownie mix in the bag. A little break from cooking over the holidays. The teachers loved them! This year I am trying to decide between a casserole (probably a pizza pasta) or doing a breakfast bag with homemade pancake mix, syrup, bacon, etc. What do you think? Any ideas or inspirations? I don't want to get too expensive.

I am going...to run around like a chicken with its head cut off this week!

I am reading...My Bible and was inspired by a fellow Daybooker to pull out my copy of "Power of a Positive Mom"...now I just have to find time to start reading.

I am hoping...For a smooth learning day, that the sickness in our house is both mild and short lived, and that this busy week is a peaceful week.

I am hearing...the sounds of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the T.V. because Dancer is laying on the couch not feeling too spiffy.

Around the house...The house is actually relatively in order. I must do the regular laundry today, scrub bathrooms and would love to vacuum. I also need to run to the grocery and pick up a few things that have been added to our list since I went grocery shopping last week.

One of my favorite things...Getting Christmas shopping DONE! We still have a bit to do but hoping it is wrapped up soon and I can enjoy the holiday season without having to shop!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Today will be a trip to the grocery and, if time, the library. Then the fun starts. Tuesday we have Tutorial, dance, guitar and an Upward meeting. Wednesday is handbells, choir and church, Thursday we have Tutorial, a football get together for the boys, a birthday party for dancer and a guitar concert. We also have special days at the Tutorial this week that require us to bring in canned or nonperishable items, find a pilgrim costume for Dancer and make cookies. Whew! Friday, a possible haircut for Dancer, school and dance. In the midst of that we must pack because Saturday morning we are leaving for a trip to W. VA and amish country! Mrs. Yoder...we are coming to get some fried chicken!!!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Okay...I realize this is weird. It is F.B's edible cell. Looks both delicious AND educational doesn't it!

I am reaching this week. I haven't downloaded the pictures from my camera lately and it is a major undertaking for a non techy like me!

So, I am resorting to school projects. Pray I download soon or next week you will be seeing pictures of B.B.'s bug collection!

For more Daybooks, go to The Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a great week!

8 comments:

Patricia said...

Bypass eating? Sounds like a good idea,but I don't think I could convince my 15 year old. Hope your busy week goes by well for you.

Jen said...

Your weeks sound just like my weeks...busy. But I like them that way....to your teacher gifts....I liked your ideas....I do simple gift cards....but for my neighbors...I'm baking breakfast casseroles uncooked and taking them tot heir homes on 12/23 so they can cook them on Christmas Eve...throwing in some homemade jam as well....enjoy your week!

Growin' With It said...

i wanna hear what you learn from that positive mom book! sounds like a good start to a great week ahead...and stay in those pjs as long as you can, it makes me feel less guilty! ☺

Love Bears All Things said...

I am busy trying to do the entries for my contest. I came over because you commented on one of the posts. So, I got to see your daybook. The first I've visited today.
You are such a good friend to make lasagna for a friend. Your teacher gifts sound wonderful and so thoughtful and useful. I need to bypass eating, too, for about a week. So happy to hear the family is getting well. Stay well through the holidays with so much to do.
Mama Bear

Patty said...

Wow, you give great teacher gifts. I am thinking of preparing a bag of pecans tied off with Christmas ribbon and a nut cracker for my neighbors. I want to take the time and enjoy my holiday shopping this year and not do it in a hurry or panic. Since I have done very little shopping so far this might be difficult. Especially if I procrastinate, which I tend to do. I wish you success in accomplishing all you have to do!

Have a great day and I hope everyone gets well soon.

Tammy said...

The morning scene you described sounds so beautiful and peaceful!

dtbrents said...

I enjoyed your daybook and learned a lot from it. You must be a super person. I don't know how you do all you do. You are a great friend to help with meals. I love the picture. Looks yummy. I have the book about Moms. I need to look through my books for it. I found a new used book store and bought 26 great books for $19. Mostly Christian books. I hope you have a great week. Doylene

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

You never cease to amaze me! I hope that your week is blessed with smoothness and wellness. We'll miss you while you are away, but sounds like a great trip. Will you be seeing your family? A Happy, Happy THanksgiving to you and yours! Oh! I loved your teacher gift ideas. How cleaver!