Monday, October 26, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook 10.26.09



FOR TODAY10/26/09


Outside my window...The sun is just beginning to rise. It is a beautiful, chilly Autum morning!


I am thinking...about school. I am going to begin using the workbox system today and am wondering how it will go. I stayed up until 1:00a.m. getting everything ready and set up, but if it is effective, it will be totally worth it!


I am thankful for...An incredible weekend at the Extraordinary Women's conference, my friend who gave me a ticket and an awesome Sunday with my family.


From the learning rooms...Reading, writing and arithmetic! We got all caught up on tutorial last week and will begin using the workbox system this week. We are not doing anything else, just the regular "stuff" and learning the new system.


From the kitchen...well, Tigerfan did a little shopping while I was gone for the weekend. We have poptarts, brownies, cookies, chocolate milk, powdered donuts, and bananas (apparently, he figured he better get SOMETHING with nutritional value). Unless I plan to do some amazing Top Chef concoction, I better go to the grocery before anything comes out of this kitchen! :)

I am wearing...pajamas...come on, did you really need to ask?


I am creating...hopefully a lovely sanctuary for my family to dwell in. More likely, a need for therapy for my children.


I am going...to the grocery store and the library and tonight to Upward evaluations.


I am reading...My Bible


I am hoping...For a better, smoother school week.


I am hearing...nothing, what a beautiful sound!


Around the house...Laundry, the kitchen needs cleaning and daily maintenance. Fortunately, Tigerfan is a better home maker than I and everything is in tip top shape after my weekend away!


One of my favorite things...spending some much needed time with a grown up. Being in the Word and being encouraged by other Christian women.


A few plans for the rest of the week:School pictures at tutorial this week. Orange you glad you know Jesus day. Sleepover party for B.B., bonfire for F.B., birthday party for Dancer, juvenile hunt this weekend for Daddy and the boys, Fall Fun Fest at our church Saturday night.


Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


Two of my boys...I am blessed!

To read more, go to The Simple Woman's Daybook.

8 comments:

dtbrents said...

You have two cute boys. A great picture. I envy you your woman's conference. I need to attend one. It's been a while. I also need to go to the library. I am buying too many books. I hope to visit again. Doylene

Growin' With It said...

i LOVE how your hubby shops. hilarious. you sound so refreshed and i'm glad to hear that! ☺

Kim said...

Don't you just love being refreshed by the company of other women? Crossing my fingers for the workbox system. You'll have to blog about how it's working in a few weeks.
Boy oh boy your cupboards are full of yummy goodness! I think Tigerfan was hungry while shopping! Too funny.
Cheers to you and the family! Make it a great week.

Four Little Penguins said...

I would like to hear more about "Orange you glad you love Jesus" day.
My DH ALWAYS tells people that the one thing we do as parents is pray and pray that we make enough money to pay for their therapy bills someday. :)

HsKubes said...

Love your picture thought!
I hope the workbox system works for you and your family.
Have a blessed week.
~ Christina

LISA said...

Glad you had a great conference~I'm sure you did not expect anything less.
I think your husband shops in the same store as mine.
Please share more about your workbox system, hope it is going well.
Have a blessed week!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Sounds like you are off to a great start of your week! I'm sure you feel rejuvenated after your little "getaway."

Patty said...

I just attended an Extraordinary Women's conference this past weekend too. Maybe the same one? I was able to go with my mom and sisters. We don't get to do this often, so I was thankful for the opportunity. Have a great day.