Monday, October 5, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook 10.05.09

FOR TODAY October 5, 2009...

Outside my window...It is still dark outside, the sun is just starting to peek through the tree line!

I am thinking...of everything that must be done today. We have visitors coming that I haven't seen in ages (they were supposed to come last week but were a little delayed). I also have a wedding shower for a girl at tutorial tomorrow and do not yet have a gift...long story and need to prepare a breakfast dish for it. Add school and normal home maintenance and a trip to the grocery store for some much needed toilet paper, and I have NO BUSINESS on this computer this morning!




I am thankful for...an incredible weekend this weekend. We had a great time with our family and a great day of worship yesterday!

From the learning rooms...a little bit of catch up as we only worked about half a day on Friday, I am trying to channel my more laid back self. I guess that means I can't freak out Monday morning and double the workload!

From the kitchen...Chicken and Dumplings, salad, bread and bacon wrapped green beans...yum!

I am wearing...pajamas and a fleece jacket. I love it when fall weather hits and there is a little chill in the house in the morning!!!

I am creating...again, nothing. I NEED to be creating Christmas lists but I am going with procrastination this year!

I am going...shopping for toilet paper, toothpaste and a wedding gift...now that is an interesting combination!

I am reading...my Bible, that is all I have time for these days.

I am hoping...to not be too stressed out today and lose it with my kiddos. I will be laid back, I will be laid back, I will be laid back...

I am hearing...The hum of the computer and the clicking of the keys...beautiful!

Around the house...Ha! Guest room bed needs sheets, vacuuming needs to be done desperately, dusting, laundry...oh, House Cleaning Fairy, where are you?

One of my favorite things...a visit from long lost friends, worth all the stress!

A few plans for the rest of the week:visit with friends, wedding shower, dance, guitar, baseball

Here is picture (or three) for thought I am sharing...


Welcome to Golf Cart Games at the Tiger Den! Tiger fan is getting golf carts ready to take to Camp Bluebird in a couple of weeks so the kids had fun "testing them out" this weekend.

Football Boy felt the need for a helmet after riding around the yard the first time with Dancer. A feeling I could relate to after screaming "the house, the house, the tree, the pond!" a few times!

Dancer's reaction to me testing out my close up picture taking skills while driving the golf cart...so little faith!















Hope everyone has a great week! For more Daybooks, go to the Simple Woman's Daybook!

4 comments:

honeysuckle said...

Sounds like a busy week ahead. Just don't get the toilte paper mixed up and give for the shower gift! Have a great week!

Growin' With It said...

you have such beautiful children! who have a beautiful *laid back* mama! happy monday.

Love Bears All Things said...

Sounds like a busy week for you. Try to go with the flow and not stress too much about guests. I'm sure they would rather you not fuss too much and enjoy their company.
I tend to procrastinate also but things have a way of getting done anyway.
Chicken Dumplings, Yum!! I would love to have some. I've not made them in years. Do you have a recipe?
Mama Bear

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Enjoy your company! I bet you had it "all in order" by the time they arrived. Have a great week!