Other than Sports, baseball and a sickly little one, I don't have much to talk about so I saw this little Q&A over at Septembermom and thought I would join in the fun. Feel free to join in yourselves, if you do let, me know in the comments, I'd love to get to know you better. If you don't want to read through this LONG list, scroll down to the bottom for a little contest I am doing!
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My mom and dad wanted to give all the girls the same initials as my mom: SJW, they named my sister and ended up knowing several others with the same name and so decided to be a little more unique. It came down to Syleste and Star...Star one out. No, they weren't flower children or "on something" just trying to find a unique name and I am glad they did because every time I hear Syleste I think of a story I used to hear as a child with an elephant named that...I don't really want to think of an elephant every time I hear my name!
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Probably yesterday...sorry, I'm emotional!
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I really don't. Very junior highish
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Peanut butter. Not so much a meat person!
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Four 12, 9, 6, 18 months.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I like to think I would, however, I am kind of quiet and hard to get to know, so I guess it depends on how friendly to new me was.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? Oh, please!
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? You have seriously got to be kidding. I have four children, I don't have time to be dead!
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Probably Cheerios in my old age. I know, not too exciting.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Absolutely!
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Jamoca Almond Fudge which is a little strange because I hate coffee.
13. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Hmm, not sure on that one...probably whether or not they have children with them.
14. RED OR PINK? Pink.
15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I am an introvert who desperately wishes I were an extrovert. I want to be friendly, comfortable in a crowd, the life of the party. Instead, I cherish being alone, am too quiet, and DREAD new experiences.
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My family. I live 2,000 miles from my parents and two sisters and don't get to see them enough. I wish I could live closer.
17. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?? Am I a blogger?
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?blue workout shorts (there has not actually been any working out...but a girl can hope!) and tennis shoes.
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Well, B.B. just came down and turned on the t.v. that is about it.
20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? If I were a crayon...would I really have a choice?
21. FAVORITE SMELLS? Fresh baking bread! mmmmmm!
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My father in law. He called Tigerfan last night and I answered. Before that, Tigerfan...to tell him we needed milk and garbage bags!
23. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO POSTED THIS NOTE? Never met her but I feel certain she is a wonderful person, she has a cute blog!
24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Well, by default I guess it would be LSU football or, this season, baseball. If I were totally honest, however, why would I really devote too much time to watching sports on T.V. when I could be watching HGTV or the Food Network?
25. HAIR COLOR? Light brown with lovely and distinguished grey highlights.
26. EYE COLOR? Blue..just like my daddy!
27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope!
28. FAVORITE FOOD? Chocolate, silly question!
29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings.
30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Valkyrie--don't even know if I spelled that right.
31. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? white
32. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer--school break, reading by the pool, ice cold water...I LOVE summer!
33. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs. although, wet, slobbery baby kisses are pretty great, too!
34. FAVORITE DESSERT? Anything with chocolate
35. MOST LIKELY TO DO THIS? I have no idea
36. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Purple Diva, she is too busy playing some Farm game on Facebook!
37. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Just finished a series and haven't started a new one, I have a Ted Dekker awaiting me so that will probably be next.
38. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? A Tiger, what else would it be?
39. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? House Hunters...it was popcorn and M&M night!
40. FAVORITE SOUND(S)? Silence!
41. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? I really don't care!
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Either Mexico or Canada...not sure which was farther at the time.
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? besides being the person with the least amount of talent? Would being able to read while walking on the treadmill count?
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Boise, Idaho
45. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Anyone's!
46. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER? We met at a college/singles Sunday School class party. I was getting ready to graduate and move back to Idaho...I think his parents talked him into calling me.
So, that is that everything you ever wanted to know about me! Please join in the fun...I would love to hear your answers!
Now, for a little contest! My family will be coming to see me next week and I am looking for some good recipes to try out...any category. The only catch is that my sister suffers from severe migraines and is on a special diet. The main things are low caffeine, no MSG, and nothing aged. Therefore, the only cheese she can eat is Farmer's cheese and no ham, etc that has been through a curing/aging process.
I will take your recipes and try them out on my family while they are here. Each adult will vote (1 to 5 stars) on each recipe and the winning recipe will get a prize. I am not entirely sure yet what that prize will be...I'll get back to you on that.
I will give you five bonus stars for sharing this contest on your blog and linking them back here...I want lots of new recipes and while I love the 3 of you who actually comment, I would like to expand the pool a bit!
So, submit a recipe by Wednesday and let me know in the comments if you link to this in your blog! Can't wait to tell you the winner!
Have a great week!