Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Photo Contest--Check It Out!

If you have been around this blog for long, you will know how being "organizationally challenged" has caused me much chaos, stress, and frustration.

I wish I was one of those people who had it all together. I wish I could tell you what was for dinner tonight...actually, I CAN do that today, but not always. I wish I never had to worry what surprise visitors think when they walk into my disaster, I mean home. I wish I could say that I've never missed a hair appointment (last week) or forgotten a wedding shower (also last week). But, frankly, I am a mess. A stressed mess. Partly because I live with a man with OCD tendencies. So my lack of ability to keep things tidy and organized drives him crazy!

I often surf around on other sites to get help. Because, those home organization fairies just NEVER come! It was during one of these surfing sessions back in December that I stumbled onto the Home Sanctuary blog. WHAT A BLESSING! Rachel Anne has started this blog to help women like me make their home more of a sanctuary. We are given points each day for doing one small thing. Simple. Sometimes we even pamper ourselves. I have LOVED being a Company Girl and would highly suggest you check it out.

However, I am on a rabbit trail. My purpose in this post is to tell all you shutterbugs out there about a contest Rachel Anne is hosting. You see, she is writing her first book and is looking for photographs to include. These can be by professional or amateur photographers. Now, not only am I organizationally challenged, I am photographically challenged as well and could not take a decent picture if my life depended on it. But some of you, my friends, came LEAPING to my mind with this assignment. SO, Kelly, Linda, and any of you other moms out there who can take a picture without cutting off a major limb or waiting too late to click so after the digital delay, you find you have taken a picture of air, go to this site and check out the contest. Go right now! I'll give you another chance: go HERE! I am living vicariously through you, my friends, and nothing would bring me greater joy than to see you published! Hurry, go NOW! Last chance!

No comments: