Friday, May 1, 2009

Coffee Talk--I tell ya, the inspired Titles Just Keep Coming!



Good Morning my sweet friends! This morning I can offer you lots to drink, just not coffee, and how about some DELICIOUS Amish Friendship Bread. I think my diet is going to have to wait until these two loaves are gone...so eat up!

Hope everyone has had a great week!

It has been a typical, crazed week around here! We finally have all of our projects done (yeah!) and hopefully won't have anymore! The school year is coming to an end! Dancer "graduates" from kindergarten on Thursday and I think we have 14 days left in the school year total! I can hardly wait for that first glorious week of summer!

I have just finished reading an amazing book called "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. It is probably the most convicting book I have ever read! Totally makes you rethink...well, everything. But it is really good, really life-changing!

Would you believe that last week, soon after posting my crazy week...my washing machine died. With a tub full of water and clothes! Oh, yes it did! Anyway, Tigerfan talked to someone who said we might as well replace the machine because it was going to be so expensive to fix it really wasn't worth it. So, on a BEAUTIFUL Saturday morning, instead of putting in my garden, I researched washing machines. Just as I had decided what to get, Tigerfan came home from hunting and went into the laundry room...in a matter of minutes, he came out triumphantly telling me to stop my research...he could fix it! I must admit, it felt a little like a mixed blessing. Sure, it was going to save us a minimum of $700, but I had gotten a little excited dreaming about my shiny new high efficiency, front loading miracle machine. A week later...I am SO GRATEFUL! Tigerfan was able to fix the machine for $31. On Wednesday, our upstairs air went out and when the guy came to fix it, he found a leak in the hot water heater! I am so thankful for a knowing God.

I have struggled with intimacy with my Heavenly Father. I totally know He CAN be with us, and I totally believe He listens and hears other people, but I always struggle with believing He will hear ME. I am so insignificant, my prayers are so small. And yet, last Friday...I prayed. I prayed that God would show me the washing machine to buy. I prayed He would direct me and that I would listen. I prayed that He would help my unbelief because I realized that in the whole scheme of things, my washing machine really wasn't all that important. But that is exactly why I needed Him, to know that He is there even in the mundane. It is so easy for me to see Him as a big God, but so much more difficult to see Him as an every minute of the day kind of Father. But He is! I did not get my fancy washing machine, but I got a gentle reminder from my God, a little whisper telling me He is faithful even in those weak faith moments!

I can trust Him this week...even in an 80 degree house. I can trust Him when the projects surpass the time. I can trust Him when my 16 month old learns to open the door and escape to his father who is out weed eating (yes, this happened this week, too). He is a right here, right now, on time God. I cannot understand how the God who created the universe can know me so intimately...and yet He does. I hope you can find rest in that this week...because He knows you too, and loves you with an everlasting love!

God bless! Have a great weekend!

Be sure to visit Home Sanctuary for more Coffee Talk or to join us in making our homes a little more peaceful by becoming a Company Girl!

10 comments:

Kara @ Just1Step said...

Isn't it so neat when God works in the little areas of your life...such as preventing a purchase because you'll need the money later? I think that's just awesome when it happens. :)

Hope you have a great weekend! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check that book out. Wow...only 14 days left in the school year. It is going by fast. A third of the year is over already. Glad your story had a happy ending.

Hope your weekend will be fantastic!

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. You can imagine if God cares about your washing machine, just how much more he cares about what YOU have to say!

Diane said...

Amen. Why on earth are we so reluctant to pray about the "little things", when God Himself says He cares about every sparrow that falls, and we are much more valuable to Him? I've found that when I'm faithful in praying about the little things, I'm much more aware of God's presence in my life.

The hard part is the remembering to be faithful...God has so much work to do in me yet!

Rachel Anne said...

I just love how God provides...so often in ways that are right under our noses. That reminds me of my grandparents' generation...they would never think of "new" when "repair" is available. Yay for your smart hubby to figure it out! Gotta love the price!

Blessings...have a great weekend!

Growin' With It said...

i just watched your video too (LOVE seeing you and hearing how your voice sounds btw) and hmm, sounds like the week isn't getting all that better? hang in there sister, he does KNOW you and love you!

Lisa said...

Trust in HIM!

Have a wonderful weekend!

secondofwett said...

My husband is an accountant, so when he actually figures out how to fix sommething, especially when it saves us money (that we prob need somewhere else) I am so very proud of him and so is he! It's so nice when God reminds us of all these little things.

mholgate said...

Wow! Thanks for the insight, friend. Even when we can't see what's coming, He does. I'm so thankful for that.

Have a wonderful weekend! It's sunny here, finally! I'm looking forward to spending time in the yard cleaning up and playing with the kids. :)

-Melissa

Cheryl said...

Sounds like you've got an incredibly smart hubby to fix things so easily! (I understand the desire for a new washer though...I rather long for the same thing, but am grateful my dinosaur keeps plugging along!)