Friday, April 30, 2010

Coffee Talk 4.30.10

Good Morning! Hope everyone is doing well this morning! All is well in the Tigerden. I have been experimenting in the kitchen this week and made some vegan chocolate chip cookies. They were pretty good! I will probably continue to seek out the perfect recipe...because the times I will allow myself to indulge in such a treat will be few so I want it to be REALLY worth it!

As far as the diet goes, I have kind of plateaued at about 10 pounds...a little frustrating, but I feel really good and eventually I really hope to get back into some regular exercise and kick start it back up again. I have to admit that I was a little skeptical when I began this diet. While I know several people who have done it, they all had health issues. I really just wanted to lose weight, which is why it took me so long to jump on board. I mean give up cheese and milk and EVERYTHING! Well, it hasn't been that hard and I have lost weight. But I also realized this week that I have not had a single headache since I began this diet. Not one. Not even my monthly hormonal headache. NOTHING! I have done nothing else other than change my eating habits and for the first time in forever I didn't even have a twinge of discomfort! That speaks volumes to me and I definitely plan to just make this a lifestyle...with a little grace, of course!

As for this week, I haven't done a single small thing. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I have even read a small thing. I really must get back on track next month. Hopefully school will be winding down soon and our schedule will calm down a bit and I can get my life organized. Hey, it's possible!

Yesterday, I sent Tigerfan and F.B. off to Texas for one final hunt before their licenses expire. Hopefully this time it won't rain the whole time! B.B. is spending the day with one of his buddies so I am hanging out with Dancer and Tigercub, doing as little school as possible and trying to convince myself I really don't want those peanut M&M's that I know are hiding in the cabinet over the fridge.

Last night I indulged myself in watching the train wreck that is the Real Housewives of New York. This season is just painful. You will really feel so much better about where you are if you watch it just one time! I really actually feel for those poor women. They need Jesus! Really, earlier this week I had a little miniature pity party about not having friends and not having family close by. Then I watch that show and I just think, thank God I have Jesus! I am so thankful for that. Really. I am so grateful to have a savior that forgives me for the times I am too quick to speak and too quick to anger. I am so glad that He doesn't hold grudges against me even when I deserve it and forgives me even when I don't. I am so glad I have a hope that this world and its trials are temporary and that I have an eternity to just sing praises to an Almighty God. I hope so much that all of you have that hope today. He loves you and desires to have a relationship with you. If you don't know Him, I hope you will seek Him out...He will meet you where you are!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and I look forward to visiting around. Don't forget to go to Home Sanctuary to check out more Coffee Talk.

10 comments:

Debbie said...

My friend, Shel, and I were just saying today - HOW IN THE WORLD do people get through life without Jesus? It's like watching the destruction of Jon & Kate's family. It's excruciatingly painful for us - can you imagine how grieved God is for their pain? I hope you find your ultimate vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe - and have fun trying! Our family has really cut back on the amount of milk we drink, but cheese? Oh goodness, that would be tough. We are trying to eat a lot more vegetables - even had a vegetable supper one night this week - and it was surprisingly satisfying! =) I haven't done one small thing in forever, but just love being inspired by Rachel Anne... =) Have a lovely weekend - I'm off to play with my littlest princess...

Rosie said...

Hey~just checking in! I haven't been checking everyone's blogs, so I don't know what "diet" you are on...what exactly did you eliminate? I was trying to eliminate lots of things, but it takes so much effort...have a blessed week!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Yea, for you and the diet! Lifestyle change is the only way to make it work and sounds like you are well on your way. That is super! It is looking like we are in for an ultra "yuky" week-end here, so will try and find some inside projects to work on. Hope your men have a good time hunting and that you and the others will have a fun and relaxing week-end. It's always fun to read about your week! Love you!

Alicia said...

Wow...that's awesome about not having headaches!!!!!

Aiming4Simple said...

Thanks for your encouraging words today! I think it's great that you are choosing to eat healthier. A general sense of well being is more important than what the scale says.

I've managed to follow through on just a few of the Small Things much this month. That's why I did not put that as number 5 on my list! Sometimes being devoted mamas takes precedence over other worthy goals, and we are trusting that the rewards will be eternal. Amen? Blessings to you and yours.

-Julia

Rooh said...

All I know is, I couldn't go without the dairy products. I love my cereal (yay Shreddies!) and if I bought more oatmeal, I'd have to go direct from Quaker. Those boxes only hold 12 packages, and when A and R each have one and I have two (because one is not enough), that's four a day! Which means a box lasts three days!

Good for you, though, and I'm sure the plateau won't last long. Heck, not having any issues "that time of the month" can be worth it, LOL!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that hasn't done a Small Thing (well, not that I know of). I've looked, but then had to wipe a drippy nose or remind someone to cover their mouth when coughing. Busy with sicko's, that's what I've been doing.

Have a great weekend, and I hope those storms pass over for you, and don't actually arrive :)

secondofwett said...

How self disciplined you are for sticking to your diet....my sister put herself on a gluten free diet and she says she feels a ton better...I'm afraid I look at her diet and just know that I couldn't do with a lot of the things that you have to eliminate. All that to say...I don't think I'd very good on a diet! Thank you for your kind thots and prayers. I would love a hug from you too, hopefully we get to Chicago...things dont look very good for my dad.

Anonymous said...

Being headache free is an added bonus to losing that weight! That's great. I forget who was talking about a no sugar diet, but that should get rid of headaches too. The cookies sound delish...we're on a cookie kick over here, so new healthier recipes are welcomed. =)

mholgate said...

Hey there! I haven't been around lately but I happened to see this morning that you were cleaning up after the stormy weather. I hope everyone is safe where you are. Are you in hurricane territory? My daughter and I have been praying for the casualties of the Mississippi tragedy. We'll send up some prayers for you tonight also.

Internet Bingo said...

Losing weight is so hard! I'm dieting right now too...ugh. I think it will start to get easier though. Good luck on getting past the 10 pound mark!
-Micah