Sunday, January 3, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook 1.5.10

FOR TODAY January 4, 2010...
Outside my window...The sun is just starting to come out. Very still and quiet...and COLD!!!!

I am thinking...about getting back into a routine with school. I did not accomplish all I planned over the break and I am not as prepared as I had hoped. Thank goodness for a pretty easy week!

I am thankful for...my church and my pastor. He preached two really simple but really encouraging sermons yesterday and I am really encouraged and equipped now!

From the learning rooms...Ugh! Getting back to routine. I am not ready! However, we will be starting back, like it or not and I am trying to implement a little more of the workbox system. I have several center/review activities ALMOST through...now for a magic spell that will stop time so I can finish preparing!

From the kitchen...I have no earthly idea. In a perfect world I would have finished my menu planning, gone to the store and been well stocked with healthy, delicious snacks. In the real world there is no menu plan, no groceries and no time to do it! Time management fairy, where are you?

I am wearing...Workout clothes, and yes, I used them!

I am creating...centers, centers, centers

I am going...to try to embrace the fruit of gentleness today. That is our topic in our Fruits of the Spirit Bible Study right now and I am really good at it, until I get mad, which will probably be within 15 minutes of the children getting up! My goal today is to stop every time I start getting riled up and say our memory verse before reacting!

I am reading...Isaiah 40

I am hoping...For a calm day of learning. Hoping to ease back into our schedule with minimum drama.

I am hearing...The sound of the heating unit. Which I really appreciate because upstairs, we have no heat...again. Ah, the joys of home ownership!

Around the house...Laundry to be done and groceries to be purchased. Thankfully, most of the house is in order after deChristmasing.

One of my favorite things...Chocolate, I will miss my daily encounters with you as I get back on my eating healthy kick. But don't worry, I am scheduling in some special time with you Thursday evening!

A few plans for the rest of the week:Starting back with a bang--Tutorial, dance, basketball and cheer leading practice, basketball and cheer leading games, guitar, church, choir...no wonder I am already missing the lazy days of Christmas!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


This years Sunday before Christmas picture! I love it because the looks say it all! FB (oldest) is cooperative and helpful, BB (Next boy) is full of mischief, Dancer (Only girl...poor thing) is just sweet as pie, and Tigercub is FULL OF HIMSELF!

Hope everyone has a great 1st full week of the new year!

Check out more Daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Your daybook is refreshing and honest.
Wish I had my house de-Christmased. Maybe I need a housekeeping fairy to take care of that.
I have a problem with time management, too. IF I could accomplish all that fills my head, I would be so amazed. Alas, it is mostly planning and not much doing.
But, I like visiting all of you.
Mama Bear

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Love, love, love your new "blog look!" Wish I could be your time management fairy, would love to do that for you, but.......... What precious children! Thoroughly enjoyed this entry!