Monday, December 14, 2009

Daybook 12/14/09

FOR TODAY December 14, 2009...

Outside my window...The sun is just starting to come up. It is so peaceful and still. I love this time of day.

I am thinking...Of all I have to do today but more about a family friend who lost their son this weekend. I cannot even imagine what they must be going through right now. But I am also so grateful for the hope of salvation and knowing that, if Jesus is your savior, there is hope!

I am thankful for...my salvation. For this time of advent when we prepare our hearts for the coming of Christ. Because it is not so much the birth of a baby we celebrate, but the hope and peace and salvation he brings.

From the learning rooms...a little bit of the Three R's and a lot of Christmas. This week, we must get serious about baking, shopping, wrapping, and celebrating our savior!

From the kitchen...hopefully lots of calorie laden treats. I think I am going to attempt Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls, although I am up in the air about using her maple topping (which I know I would love) or a regular powder sugar icing (which is universally loved). I am also planning on doing some sugared pecans, some chocolate coconut macaroons, Oreo truffles, fudge...it is probably not a good thing I bypassed the exercise this morning!

I am wearing...pajamas--don't judge me!

I am creating...hopefully a houses full of goodies and lots of Christmas cheer.

I am going...to hopefully finish up at least part of my last minute shopping needs. Hit the grocery store and start baking!

I am reading...My Bible, Power of a Positive Mom, and the Advent Conspiracy.

I am hoping...For an easy school day and a productive baking day.

I am hearing...the hum of the heating unit and the clicking of the computer keys.

Around the house...laundry and Christmas activities...we will have fun if it kills me!

One of my favorite things...Christmas goodies--it is why I have become the "fat sister"!

A few plans for the rest of the week:baking, school, dance, guitar, children's choir presentations, hopefully some shopping, visitation and possibly the funeral of our friend's son, basketball practice and cheer leading, and tutorial. Then on Saturday, it is off to Jackson, MS for the Ballet Magnificat! It is going to be a busy one!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


Hopefully, by day's end, my kitchen will be this tidy, my face will be this happy and my baking dreams will have come true.

And, if I look this lovely and put together, my husband wouldn't mind a bit!

To read more daybooks, go to The Simple Woman's Daybook.

9 comments:

Patty said...

Reading about all that baking makes me want to get my list ready and get to baking and making goodies myself. Wishing you a productive day in all your pursuits ~ especially the baking!

Felicity said...

Gee, your baking sounds great! Hope you get to do all you've planned to..

amber waves of grain said...

I love the picture and the comments you've made about it. :) I wish the same for myself!

dtbrents said...

I remember those old kitchens. They were harder to clean than new ones. I hope you enjoy your baking. Doylene

Maria's Space said...

So sorry to hear about your friend's son. It is something I can't imagine nor do I want to. My heart is with you all. A friend of mine just went to the cemetery for his son's anniversary. It was 4 years yesterday. He was 11.

I wish I were wearing PJ's. I would never judge. Enjoy.

Stephani Cochran said...

I really like your blog! We share the same hope and I too am thankful for this!

Love Bears All Things said...

I had to smile at your daybook. I am the "fat sister" too. I have an older and a younger sister. Neither has ever had to go on a diet.
Sounds like you have lots of plans. I like the sound of the yummies you're planning to make.
I need to pick up some supplies. We're out of milk and butter and I can't bake again until I get some. Honey Bear borrowed the car this morning and then I had my grandson as he was home from school with a migraine, then his sister rode the bus here so I didn't get out.
That means my pace must pick up tomorrow and Wednesday.
Mama Bear

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Loved your blog today. Sounded like you have everything under control and are really enjoying the season. I'll be at the ballet on Sat. too because of your comments about it at Easter. I'm so excited about it.

Growin' With It said...

your fat sister remark made me crack up!! my sis and i used to refer to that as well as the "younger sis". i definitely wanted to take on the skinny sister title most of all!