1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate, definitely!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He places them strategically by the tree in convenient and well planned piles so that each child knows just where his or her presents are. Remember, the Santa in our house is OCD!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White! I love the story of the lights from Lisa Whelchel's ADVENTure of Christmas. It talks about Martin Luther seeing stars shining through the branches of an evergreen tree and worshipping the creator...I love, now, seeing the lights shining on that tree and remembering Psalm 19:1 "The heavens tell of the glory of God. The skies display his marvelous craftsmanship."
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I never have, never really think about it, honestly.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually we begin the day after Thanksgiving. However the past two years we have gone out of town so it just happens as it happens during the following week.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Strangely, it is probably one of the fruit salads we always have with our dinner. They are more dessert than fruit, more calorie laden then healthy fruit...but they are GOOD!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? We travelled every year. First to my mom's mom's house on Christmas Eve, then to my other grandmother's on Christmas Day and we never got to our house till late Christmas night. We always walked in to find Santa had visited...even when in college. He always brought someone a game and we would stay up till ridiculous hours eating candy from the stockings and playing the new game. I loved that!
On a side note, I always wondered how Santa (AKA my mom) always got those presents out. Even in college. I mean, we were OUT OF TOWN! I had grown and was about to graduate college when my sisters explained to me that every year Mom "left her purse" in the house and had to run back for it. It always took a REALLY long time to find that purse. I...never had a clue, if she said she forgot her purse, she forgot her purse! Her secret was good for 20 years!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think my logical mind just couldn't fathom it. When I was about 5, I just asked my parents who he was and they told me.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We let the kids open one gift from us (usually new pajamas) and gifts from my parents and sisters. It seems less stressful than having them do it all on Christmas Day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We bought little apple ornaments the first year we were married to fill up our pitiful little tree. I still put those on the tree. We also have some bead garland we have always used and some little fabric bows that I tied our first Christmas (again, no ornaments!) Other than that, most of the ornaments are the Hallmark ornaments that Nana gives to the kids each year. Once they all move out and take their ornaments, I'll be glad I have the bows and apples!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! For about 20 minutes!
12. Can you ice skate? I used to when I was a kid...I would most likely hurt something...or someone if I tried now.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? No, no I don't, although the tickets to Deeper Still that hubby surprised me with a few years ago is a standout!
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Remembering that we are celebrating the birth of our savior. It is CHRISTmas!!!
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Fudge, sugar cookies, Oreo Truffles, coconut chocolate macaroons, peanut butter pie, stocking candy...
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? My favorite old tradition is reading the Christmas story as a family and letting the children add the characters to the nativity scene as they are mentioned in the text. My favorite new tradition began last year. As we get Christmas cards, we put them in a basket on the dining table. Each time we sit down for a meal, we draw out a card and pray for that family.
17. What tops your tree? A bow
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy both. However, I love it when I come up with the perfect gift and see the excitement on the recipient's face!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night, well that is the first one I think of. I actually just love Christmas songs in general.
20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? I can live with 'em or without 'em
21 Favorite Christmas Show? "White Christmas" the single greatest Christmas movie of all time!!!!
22. Saddest Christmas Song? There are sad Christmas songs?
Feel free to copy this post and fill it out on your blog. HT- Spesamor Academy