Once again, I missed you beautiful ladies last week...how dare life get in the way of blogging! Things seem to get so crazy at times and they tell me that before we know it that these moments will be gone and we will miss them...I can believe that the moments will pass quickly, life seems to be moving at the speed of light around here!
So, here is what has been happening in our neck of the woods:
1. Last week was Spring Break. I am usually a fuddy duddy and make my kids do at least partial days of school anyway. Not last week, baby. I think I was more desperate for a break than they were and promised them NO SCHOOL. Nothing. Nada. I promised friends could come over and they could go. And that is just what we did. Somehow, I thought I might get a little cleaning done, get some things accomplished...that didn't happen. But friends did.
2. We still had all our night time activities which meant apartment ministry Monday and dance Tuesday. So days were calm but nights were still busy...plus, I promised the kids they didn't have to go to bed early, so they kept begging to stay up...I finally gave in and made them go get ready for bed at their normal times but then let them stay up and watch T.V. upstairs...away from me...cause people, by 9:00, Momma needs a break!
3. Wednesday, drama began! Our 13, almost 14 year old and his first friend-girl (who I refuse to call a girl friend because they are too young but who I totally know they call one another boy/girl friend behind my back) had their first BIG drama. No details here, just suffice it to say that the day was filled with weeping and gnashing of teeth...It was NOT pretty around here friends. And to see my first born experiencing his first heart break was heart wrenching! On top of that, we had two friends over for the day...they boys playing at the pond, the girls helping me play with cupcakes. (Because I have a secret dream to someday have a bakery, which is not so secret anymore, I guess!) We had so much fun making chocolate filled chocolate cupcakes and lemon cupcakes with beautiful icing swirled on top. They were BEAUTIFUL and I was totally going to show you pictures...only the pictures I THOUGHT were here aren't here and we all know about my issues with getting them on the computer and since my IT man is in bed...you will have to use your imagination. Think two precious girls in dress up clothes (complete with big hats and momma's boots) holding their lovely cup cakey creations. The only problem...the cupcakes weren't actually good. I think the batter was overmixed. This week, I have been researching new recipes and totally want to try out some new ones.
4. Thursday, the boy/girl drama continued and we went to play at the house of a precious friend. He has a children's wonderland built in his yard complete with a zip-line. We went and picnic-ed with him and played till Tigercub was ready to drop! Thursday night, we had Rock Band performance for Tigerteen. His girl decided that she could overlook their issues and come watch the performance so he was THRILLED! They did a great job and had the best location yet...however, this momma was stressed most of the time worrying about relations, so to speak. She even agreed to get ice cream with us afterward...although she didn't actually eat any ice cream (ah, young love!)
5. Friday, Tigerfan took off work and hung out with us. We slept in, had a pancake breakfast, took Tigerteen to guitar, got the obligatory Friday Sonic drinks and went home for a little R&R before having a date night Friday night.
6. Date night included dinner and shopping for spring clothes for the children.
7. Saturday involved Tigerteen, Papaw, and the boys going to the woods to get ready for turkey season. For me, it involved exchanging ALL of the clothes we bought Dancer the night before because I got the wrong size in EVERYTHING!
8. This week, we have gotten back to our regular schooling but have had a wonderful week of rest from night time activities. It has been glorious. I even cooked once! I even cooked a HEALTHY recipe that my kids LOVED and asked me to make again! Yippee!
9. B.B. left yesterday to go on a little weekend trip with his best friend. Right now he is enjoying being in the mountains of Gatlinburg, TN. His first time away from us for an extended trip like this. I am sure he is having the time of his life!
10. Tonight we will enjoy visiting with some friends we haven't seen in ages and tomorrow it will just be me and the youngest two because it is juvenile hunt so daddy, papaw and Tigerteen will be in the woods.
11. The house is still a mess. I am completely stressed over having a child in high school next year and what curriculum, etc. I should get. My house is a complete disaster. I am completely sad that I could not make it to Bastrop to hear our very own Rachel Anne speak at the women's event or hug the necks of Ci Ci or Lydia Cate. But I am SO abundantly blessed. I serve a RISEN SAVIOR who loves me despite the fact that their is NOTHING good in me. He puts up with my crazy, my drama, my failure and gives me His righteousness! How thankful I am to be a child of the One True God. How about you? Do you know Him? I pray that you would find the peace that comes form knowing the Giver of Peace and the author of LIfe and would love to share Him with you.
Dont' forget to check out more Coffee Talk at Home Sanctuary and have an amazing, drama free, perhaps cupcake filled weekend! One picture (taken by Tigerteen) of the springy lovliness earlier this week! Blessings!
Let us know; let us press on to know the Lord; his going out is sure as the dawn; he will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains that water the earth."