Friday, June 25, 2010

Coffee Talk 6.25.10

Good Morning, Ladies! Once again, it seems that it has been a long time. I hope everyone is doing well this week. Come on in and make yourself comfy. I am just having a little water this morning but you grab your drink of choice and let's visit!

This week has been a blessed reprieve in a crazy summer. We have had NOTHING planned. NOTHING! It has been heavenly. Monday...I was forced, by lack of toilet paper, to stop procrastinating and go to the grocery store. I don't enjoy the grocery store. I used to think it was crazy to have a grocery delivery service but now I can't think of anything more wonderful (and totally off the subject...I just managed to type the entire line above without a single i...how do you do that?). If we had such a service and I could afford it...oh the joy that would bring into this momma's heart! No whining and gnashing of teeth when we walked by the in-store McDonalds without purchasing a Happy Meal. No melt downs when I said no to the tenth box of sugar in a box (translate sweetened cereal). No begging for the new yogurt, cereal, poptarts, noodles, deodorant, or medicine that they saw advertised on TV and just HAVE to try! No two year olds trying to climb out of the buggy, press the buttons on the card machine or screaming like a limb is being removed as you try to check out. No going home to find that in the chaos of shopping, you came home with two bags of groceries not on your list and are missing 3 to 4 key ingredients for that night's supper! In fact, last night...I returned to the store (with only one child in tow) to pick up all the forgotten or restocked items I didn't get on Monday. Sadly, in a house of six, this scenario will have to be repeated next week...ugh!

The rest of the week has been delightful. We have cleaned house, purged some "stuff" to send to Goodwill, enjoyed fellowship of friends coming to swim, played the Wii with Daddy, and really just enjoyed the lazy days of summer (inside mostly or in the pool...cause it is HOT in TN right now!)

I finished an amazing book by David Platt called Radical. Super convicting. I am ready to sell all my possessions and move to a remote country and care for orphans...now I just need to get Tigerfan on board. Seriously, if you need some not so light summer reading, I really recommend the book, it will change how you see your Christianity!

Okay, I need to go be a mommy. One of the things I have loved about this slow week is just having time to play with and enjoy my children. We went to see Toy Story 3 yesterday, so cute! We did a little "photo shoot" of Dancer in her recital costumes and of course Tigercub had to get in on the fun and last weekend we hung out at City Museum in St. Louis so I am leaving you with a few pictures of the crew! Have a delightful weekend and be sure to check out Home Sanctuary for more Coffee Talk.






12 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, now, I love the photos! Dancer is just adorable! You know I can't even imagine grocery shopping with 4 children. I have hard enough time by myself. :o) Continue to enjoy your summer and those precious kids! Might have to download that book to my Kindle. Sounds like a great book! Happy week-end!

Diane said...

Those pictures are wonderful! It sounds like a perfect week all aroung (except the grocery shopping bit - not only is it difficult, it has to be repeated so often!). May the rest of the summer be just as delightful, in a non-planned, let's-just-enjoy-one-another way!

Linda said...

What cute pics of your sweet kids!! Thanks for stopping by at my "place" and I will keep your blog on my list! I am with you on summertime...just relaxing and enjoying life! Blessings to you too!!

the.bain.family. said...

ah, a pool would be AMAZING about right now.

I don't have kids but I used to take the 2 year old I took care of with me to the grocery store and it was hard with just ONE of them. The judgmental eyes staring at you because they don't realize that temper tantrums at that age are normal. Not fun at all.

Katharine said...

Thanks for stopping by today..Love the pictures..I so enjoy a no plans, relaxing day! Blessings on your week!

Anonymous said...

OH! The shopping with four days---good times and ,um,not so good! I wonder if you are near this service :0)
http://www.online-grocery-shopping.net/index.php?action=2&idm=493
Hey, ya never know! Thanks for your kind post on my blog. I LOVE reading the Home Sanctuary blog--she just cracks me up! Your family is just lovely---hug 'em much as I'm sure you do---before you know it you'll be hugging them off to college--typed through almost teary eyes as I am about to send my first off this fall! God bless!

secondofwett said...

Oh...I.am.so.glad....that I don't have to take kids shopping any more...now, when they whine to go I can just say no..dad and I are going by ourselves....one perc of having all teens!..when they did come with me though I'd all of a sudden find things I hadn't put in the cart on the conveyor belt for me to purchase..I usually wasn't impressed with the sneakery!(is that a word?)

Anonymous said...

My momma had 7 so I totally understand what you mean. On Monday I took 6 of my pastors 8 kids with me to the local softball game...not nearly as crazy as I thought it might be. Wouldn't venture much further than that though. thanks for the coffee and the laughs!

Laina said...

love the pictures...adorable :)

Anonymous said...

Water would be great! I have been drinking it like a camel the past 2 days for some reason. We're about to head out to the grocery store soon actually, and I hate shopping of any kind. Wish me luck. =p And that last photo is just too precious. hehe =p Enjoy your weekend.

Alicia said...

Oh, I am very curious to see Toy Story 3 (but discouraged by ticket prices!).
Loved the pictures of your kids...reminded me of dressing up when I was little.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

hee hee.. love the last pix..almost uncertain about this. Bribery pix ;0) for later momma!

man how time flies!! Your kids are growing so quickly!


Well~I'm back in the bloggers loop come by and visit me!!

Boy I've missed blogging!!!