I received this award from: My Compass Points South.
Here are the rules for this one:
1. Mention the blog that gave it to you and comment on their blog to let them know you’ve posted your award.
2. Publish these rules.
3. Share 6 values that are important to you and 6 things you do not support.
4. Grant the prize to 6 people.
5. Mention the blog that gave it to you and comment on their blog to let them know you’ve posted your award.
Here goes!Six important values/beliefs:
1. I believe I am a sinner saved by grace
2. I believe Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins and offered me salvation not because of anything I had done myself but because of his love for me and for His purposes (John 3:16, 2 Timothy 1:9)
3. I believe that my purpose is to share that love of Christ to everyone I can and to live a life that Honors God and turns people toward him
4. I value my family, friends, and church as precious blessings and gifts from God
5. I value the freedom we have to worship and live in a free country and I NEVER want to take that freedom for granted
6. I value the privilege I have to stay home and homeschool my children. I don't always like it, but I do value the freedom to do it!
Six values/beliefs I do not support:
1. I do not believe in the overall good of mankind, there is none righteous, not even one! (Romans 3:10)
2. I do not believe I (or anyone else) can ever be good enough to make it to Heaven on our own, our salvation comes through Christ alone. ( I know that is not the popular opinion, but I believe it is the truth.)
3. I do not believe in hiding what I know to be true because it is unpopular
4. I do not value material possessions above my true blessings (like family, friends, and faith) or at the cost of peace in my home...I have found that often the desire to accumulate "wealth" often robs me of the peace and simplicity I really desire.
5. I do not believe our President Elect is the answer to all of the country's problems and we are in serious trouble if we put all our hopes and beliefs into the ability of one man.
6. I don't believe in Santa...although I love the idea of such a round and giving man bringing lovely treasures I otherwise could not afford. And so, if he really is out there, I would just like to throw out this suggestion: Wiifit!
Okay, that is far deeper than the usual quality posts you get around here! I am truly thankful for something to blog about besides my whining and business.
Six bloggers I pass it on to:
4. Happy Mommy
I know I have seen this award around and I was trying to think of people who haven't yet received it...if you have already, sorry...I second that motion and will not be at all offended if you totally ignore this post! Have a wonderful day!